Obsidian – a cross platform app to help you create a knowledge base with Markdown files

In Apple’s eyes their OS must be end-user-friendly. How would you try and enforce people don’t get ransomware when they are on the level of your average grandma?

For the record, Microsoft did a lot of questionable such decisions in the past (and many people aren’t okay with what they did, to this day), again to protect the average clueless person.

We as techies can act all smug and intelligent – “won’t happen to me, I know what I am doing” – but most people seriously have no clue.

…Although I’d appreciate if MS and Apple actually gave you a choice to opt out – but I know such news would make the rounds in many forums and people will just learn to opt out immediately after they install the OS so then the measures won’t be worth anything.

I don’t approve of what they are doing but do recognize that they must address not only technical users. And the rest of us, if we get too unhappy, can always go to Linux.

3 Likes