Moonlander Keyboard (Mechanical) (Ergonomic) (Split) (Ortholinear)

Definitely! I’m enjoying the Atreus, but looking forward to comparing the the two.

I hadn’t had any experience with switches until ordering these boards. I selected the Mx cherry browns (tactile) with the MoonLander. However, I have Kailh box whites (clicky) on the Atreus and I am enjoying them very much.

I do own a couple of switch testers that come with various kinds of switches on them. And I’ve even put them in the Atreus since it’s hot swappable. I think I want tactile but not cherry. So I’m looking into other options. Kailh speed copper (tactile) but also exploring Kailh speed silver (linear) just try something different.

2 Likes

Guess what I ordered :see_no_evil: I’m blaming you @foxtrottwist!!

I actually chose the Kailh box whites as I wanted something clicky to help get used to it being ortho. I can always get tactile browns later if need be. I’m in batch 4, so delivery is Nov to Dec 25th… just in time for the new year :nerd:

3 Likes

I think you’re going to love the Kailh Box Whites! I think they did help me get used to the new layout. As well as switching to ortho/columnar, I made the switch to Colemak Mod-DHm. So the feedback is really nice.

2 Likes

I hope so :smiley:

They sound much nicer than the Cherry MX Blues in this vid:

Also like how they sound here:

The Kailh Box Browns sound pretty good too, might get them afterwards.

What made you try or settle on that layout? Are there any that are most suited to programmers?

1 Like

I ordered a Moonlander White with Kailh Silvers (due to finger strength being :poop:). In Batch 4 and plan on trying out the workman p layout. Loved my ErgoDox-EZ and I am pumped for a Moonlander.

2 Likes

Ooo nice one @frigidcode!

Please be sure to post a review when you get it :smiley:

Workman-P looks good - think I might try that as well!

We have a thread about keyboard layouts here too:

:nerd_face:

1 Like

@brentjanderson have you received your Moonlander or shipping notice? I’m in batch 3 and haven’t received anything yet. You’re in batch 3 also, correct?

2 Likes

I’m in Batch 3 and I haven’t received anything yet. I keep checking my email hoping to see it arrive & the FAQ to stay up to date on their current guidance. I estimate that I was one of the first third of orders, so who knows why it’s taking so long?

Even so, they’ve been super transparent to this point so I’m hopeful they’ll deliver on their FAQ (last updated on Thursday).

3 Likes

If batch 3 hasn’t been sent out yet, then I am guessing batch 4 probably won’t be sent out till towards the end of Dec (or even pushed into next year) :cry:

Have they taken payment from any of you yet? Usually firms wait until they dispatch an item to take funds - so that could be an indicator?

Wonder which one of you will receive it first …don’t forget to post pics when you get it! :nerd_face:

1 Like

They took full payment upon purchase. That said, I can be patient. I haven’t been this excited for a delivery in a long time.

3 Likes

That’s good Brent! I am actually a little apprehensive - I’m worried it’s going to be too big/high/difficult to get used to :man_facepalming:t2: :joy:

1 Like

I received my shipping notice! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Whoo hoo!! Have they given you an approximate delivery date? I bet you can’t wait :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

1 Like

Estimated delivery is Friday :tired_face:. I know, I know. It’s two days. Still :tired_face:

3 Likes

That’s a lot sooner than I thought tbh Law! I can’t wait to hear what you think of it - please post some pics and initial thoughts when you get it :robot:

2 Likes

I have a UPS Shipping notice! It doesn’t have a delivery date yet, but at least I know it’s coming! :partying_face:

3 Likes

It may be shipping out at the same time as mine. Turns out the date given was premature and has since been updated to “rescheduled, check back later” :neutral_face: From the tracking it looks like it was scanned for export on Tuesday/Wednesday and then sat in Taiwan for two days. It should be here soon enough though.

2 Likes

Whoo hoo! Won’t be long now Brent :smiley: which switches did you order?

That’s sad :cry: hope it’s not much longer now.

• Batch 3 included all Moonlander orders made from August 12 through September 20, 5pm US Eastern time. Batch 3 shipped between October 23 and November 6.
  • Batch 4 included all Moonlander orders made from September 20 5pm US Eastern time through October 28, 11am Eastern time. We expect to be shipping this batch from November 9 until December 25.

If you both ordered yours quite early on then I guess batch 4 won’t be sent out til the end of December or even the first part of next year :confused:

Tbh I don’t mind, I didn’t order until 20th of October and it’s my birthday in January and this was going to be a treat to myself :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oddly, on Friday the estimated delivery updated to still say Friday. Even though it was obvious from the tracking that was not the case :roll_eyes:

Finally, the next day the tracking updated to Monday, so we’ll see :crossed_fingers:

So far they’ve done fairly well with their shipping windows. @brentjanderson’s and mine did ship within the window so there’s hope!

2 Likes

I hope so… tho I’m sure Brent said he was one of the first to order. Did you and @brentjanderson order on/around the same date?

I’ll have everything crossed for you both for Monday :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

1 Like