Manage It! (PragProg)

Your project can’t fail. That’s a lot of pressure on you, and yet you don’t want to buy into any one specific process, methodology, or lifecycle.

Johanna Rothman @jrothman

Your project can’t fail. That’s a lot of pressure on you, and yet you don’t want to buy into any one specific process, methodology, or lifecycle.

Your project is different. It doesn’t fit into those neat descriptions.

Manage It! will show you how to beg, borrow, and steal from the best methodologies to fit your particular project. It will help you find what works best for you and not for some mythological project that doesn’t even exist.

Before you know it, your project will be on track and headed to a successful conclusion. You’ll:

• Learn all about different project lifecycles
  • See how to organize a project
  • Compare sample project dashboards
  • See how to staff a project
  • Know when you’re done—and what that means.

You won’t need expensive tools or fancy software. Manage It! shows you how to use low-tech techniques to directly address the most pressing problems of modern software project development.

“Even after some thirty years in project management, I found much of value in this book and time after time found I was saying to myself “That’s neat!”. Give this book to any one in your team that you have appointed as a project manager but do read it first, as you will find yourself being asked some difficult questions within a very short time.”

–Martin White, Managing Director

• Full details: Search
  • View this book’s portal and details on how to post errata and suggestions here.

Don’t forget you can get 35% off with your Devtalk discount! Just use the coupon code “devtalk.com" at checkout :+1:

3 Likes