iPad for reading programming books?

Thanks both!

The display is one of the things making me want to try the 12.9" :lol:

While the one on the 11" is great (and certainly black levels aren’t an issue at all) the two things I am not so keen on is:

• Viewing angle. If you’re not looking at it straight on (so eg when it’s flat on a desk) the furthest part of the display is darker/greyer
  • Brightness. I’m finding it needs to be at least 75% brightness to be useable, but that could be because my LG 5K monitor is very bright and I may just need my eyes to adjust/dim that a bit.

From what I’ve heard from youtubers both of these might be less of an issue with the mini-led display.

This is another reason why I am thinking about the 12.9" - I found sidecar quite useful with the 11" but it’s a tad small for anything other than YouTube vids. The 12.9" would be much more useful imo. I won’t be taking the iPad anywhere I wouldn’t be taking my laptop, so I’m not too bothered by the 11" being more portable.

I do like the 11"… but I might wait a week then order the 12.9" just to see which one I prefer… or maybe even wait until next year as the 11" will probably have a mini-led screen and apparently they are getting MagSafe chargers with a glass back which would be nice to have…

1 Like