Hands-on Rust: Effective Learning through 2D Game Development and Play (PragProg)

I have the book but still need to find time to work through it, maybe this holidays …

2 Likes

Glad you like the book! Herbert is working on another Rust book, which is now in beta: Rust Brain Teasers: Exercise Your Mind by Herbert Wolverson

6 Likes

Purchased :sunglasses:

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Hands on Rust: Need help with error - thread ‘main’ panicked at 'Failed to load texture

Just finished the book and have to say that I really really enjoyed it. I already had a little (very little) experience on working with rust and it really helped get a better grasp of things.

I always had a thing for gamedev and this book was I think the best way to get me a little more into both rust and game development. I had worked as a game developer back in the days of MS-Dos based games but didn’t have any experience with ECS and the book helped a lot.

So thank you very much for writing this book and looking forward to the Brain Teasers book!

1 Like

You’re welcome! I’m hard at work on a follow-up, but I can’t give an ETA yet. Thank you for reading it.

2 Likes