Google Search Is Dying (2022)

Google Search Is Dying.
(There is good discussion on this article on Hacker News and Reddit) Reddit is currently the most popular search engine. The only people who don’t know that are the team at Reddit, who can’t be bothered to build a decent search interface. So instead we resort to using Google, and appending the word “reddit” to the end of our queries.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

Too many ads on the top search results now, and some of the top results are not useful.

1 Like

Even without reading … 2022? Looking at topic, somebody is new in the internet! :joy:

In theory Google and other corporations are spying us to provide better services including search results. Somehow for me it was never true, not now, not in 2022 and any time before. From my perspective anonymous search results are often (if not always) much, much better. :-1:

What I have noticed is that when you relocate or travel to X country, Google is only using the current IP to propose for example youtube videos. The problem is that they would search for those records with language that is official in said X country. Have fun with translating … :sweat_smile:

That’s why from my perspective they collect those data (under false excuse) only to sell them and it’s not fair at all. I could personally vote for banning all companies creating shadow profiles and especially for those selling data with coercion or completely for free. I even think that since “our” data are more valuable for us we should have a bigger % from this. :moneybag:

Also for every leaked contact and sensitive data, not directly added by user (again shadow profiles), that could be used for example for stealing money from bank account, every company responsible for that should firstly compensate the losses and do many more things just out of decency pay extra for the effort and lose of time. :stopwatch:

1 Like

Google is still popular. Around the world, many people activily using Google search. Redit is not comfortable for most users in the world.

1 Like