Docker for Rails Developers (PragProg)

Docker does for DevOps what Rails did for web development---it gives you a new set of superpowers. Eliminate “works on my machine” woes and lengthy setup tasks. Instead, create a simple, consistent, Docker-based development environment that will have your team up and running in seconds. Gain hands-on, real-world experience with a tool that’s rapidly becoming fundamental to software development.

Rob Isenberg

edited by Adaobi Obi Tulton @aotulton

Docker does for DevOps what Rails did for web development—it gives you a new set of superpowers. Eliminate “works on my machine” woes and lengthy setup tasks. Instead, create a simple, consistent, Docker-based development environment that will have your team up and running in seconds. Gain hands-on, real-world experience with a tool that’s rapidly becoming fundamental to software development.

Easily spin up a new cluster to run your app, and scale it up or down at will. Dockerize a Rails application and run it using containers, including creating your own custom Docker images tailored for running Rails apps. Describe your app declaratively using Docker Compose and specify the software dependencies and everything needed to run the application. Set up continuous integration, as well as your deployment pipeline and infrastructure. Master the best practices for using Docker in development and start to experience what it’s like to run Docker in production.

Use Docker to transform your development environment and revolutionize how you deliver apps.

“With this book at my side, I was able to help my team move our largest, highest-revenue service into containers. This migration made disaster recovery much faster and more reliable, and made it possible to open a data center in a whole new market.”

–Erin Dees, Lead Software Engineer, New Relic

• Full details: Search
  • View this book’s portal and details on how to post errata and suggestions here.

Don’t forget you can get 35% off with your Devtalk discount! Just use the coupon code “devtalk.com" at checkout :+1:

2 Likes