Do you recommend learning C?

Hi everyone! I have been in the professional industry for ~2 years now coming from a boot camp. I started a base foundation by programming heavily with JavaScript. I have various full stack experiences, and love learning everything related to computers + tech. I have recently been heavily invested in learning all about Linux, cloud development, + Elixir (random side note).

That being said, because of my background, I sometimes feel like I am behind in the core fundamentals in CS. I first started to learn programming and have the most experience with JavaScript, but sometimes I feel like it has not provided me with the solid foundation to become a proficient back end developer. I have been putting a lot of effort on data structures and algorithms (not the best but I really enjoy learning about these) and have been trying to build a solid cs foundation for myself.

Do you guys recommend me learning C to gain a more solid understanding of fundamental computer theories / how computers think? If so, I would really appreciate some of your recommended resources to get started! Thanks again for reading and any advice you have! If you recommend any alternatives I would appreciate that as well!

3 Likes