Do you prefer regular mechanical keyboards or low profile mechanical keyboards and why?

I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like on the 8100 I had replaced the stems of all the brown switches with black switches’ stems while leaving the springs of brown switches to make them linear and softer. :slight_smile:

After the recent OS update my Cherry MX 8100 was registering a double pressed key once, so I thought of buying a new keyboard. I bought a Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Low Profile keyboard from a local store, but haven’t used it yet. This is the first piece of text I’m writing with it.

On the Corsair’s website this keyboard is currently priced $99.99 USD (Was $149.99 USD), while the regular variant is priced $169.99 USD. Here at the store, both of the types are priced the same. I still have two days to exchange it with the regular variant if I want.

Why is there so big of the price difference on their official website?

Right now it feels fine, but I don’t know if it will still feel the same a month from now or not? Like my MX 8100 felt the same after it accumulated a huge amount of dust.

Do I keep this keyboard or bring the regular variant of it? Has anyone used any low profile mechanical keyboard?

2 Likes