Apple event October 18 - 2021 (new Macs incoming!)

New M1X chip?

10AM PDT / 6PM UK

https://twitter.com/gregjoz/status/1447956519132151810

Feed:

I hope we’ll also see an iPad Pro 11" with a mini-led screen - so have asked Apple to extend the return period of mine just in case :lol:

2 Likes

I’m so hyped.
Got an M1 Mac Mini with 16 gigs of RAM and… it’s not enough, isn’t it Docker ?

And to be 100% honest, I’m missing the mobility. Being behind my desk all day long is really boring.

4 Likes

Get your credit card ready Maartz :lol:

2 Likes

The event name and video really suggests it’s going to be good! I’ve spent way too much on Apple devices this year. Must… resist!

2 Likes

What else have you bought Law? :lol:

Here’s what most people seem to be expecting:

4 Likes

As far as personal devices, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and AirTag. I also purchased a few gifts for family members.

Those specs! :drooling_face: But realistically I don’t need a new laptop. But I can’t wait to see what they “unleash” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Same here Law - curious as to what they release but doubt I will be buying a new Mac for while :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The thrill is killing me. I really hope they ditched the TB.
This year I bought AirPods Max, two HomePod minis and a very good friend of mine bought me a couple of AirTags. Very useful!!

2 Likes

Won’t be long now Maartz :lol:

I hope they ditch the TB too - when it was new it was fast and responsive, and now it is slow and laggy. Was pretty pointless even from the start (too small to be of any real use).

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve used it like twice to launch IDEA tasks but, since I use my MBP mainly in clamshell mode, well… It doesn’t really provide something useful.

I think it was much more of POC for Apple to use ARM based chip beside an Intel one.

3 Likes

It’s starting :lol:

2 Likes

25 posts were split to a new topic: Apple Silicon Macs Thread