A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms, Second Edition: Website

Hello! It’s Jay Wengrow, author of A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms. My book now has a supplemental website, where I’ll be adding new articles and videos that go beyond the book.

The website is: https://commonsensecomputerscience.com/

Hope to see you there!
-Jay

4 Likes

This is fantastic Jay :+1:

I hope we’ll see more authors do this - especially videos!!

Don’t forget to post links to your blog posts and videos here in our Blog Posts and Learning Resources sections (you can use the ‘screencasts’ or ‘video’ tags for the vids and they will get the appropriate icon on our front-page). If you include your book’s tag they will also show in your book portal :nerd_face:

Side note: I actually have an idea about effective teaching which involves a book and videos (as well as another secret ingredient) and I was going to run this by PragProg as an alternative to the ‘learn by doing’ methods currently in vogue - I believe this new method can cover more ground and be just as if not more effective. Perhaps you could do the pilot if they think it is a good idea :blush: I need to give it a bit more thought before running it by them tho!

1 Like

Thanks, Aston!

I’m certainly curious to hear more about your ideas for effective teaching techniques. I do create videos on a regular basis, so I’m pretty good with those.

-Jay

2 Likes

Funnily enough Dave recently asked me if I might be interested in writing a book and although I can’t think of a topic that I’d want to write about right now I’ve just sent him some brief details of the idea I mentioned above. I’m not sure if it’s something that will tie into PragProg’s plans but if it is I definitely think you’d be a great person to trial it with first :smiley:

I’m also going to add your book to my to-read list as I’m always interested in fast and scalable systems :nerd_face: (no promises when I’ll get around to it tho, my list is pretty long atm - hopefully I’ll get a bit more time once the winter starts to draw in).

Thanks also for mentioning Devtalk on your new website - please feel free to use our logo if you need to :blush:

1 Like