My Elixir livestreams on Twitch

I have being some Elixir open-source contributions and side projects. Oh, and I’m doing them on livestreams on my twitch channel, follow me there to get notified when I get live

The next one will be tomorrow (March 14th) at 17:30UTC, and I will be contributing to hex, the elixir package manager itself :slight_smile: See you there!

6 Likes

Nice one Kelvin :+1:

What kind of stuff have you live-streamed so far?

(I’ve moved your post to a dedicated thread btw… you can use it to post a note just before you go live if you like :nerd_face:)

3 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

Well, so far I contributed to holidefs (which is a lib we created internally for getting holiday dates), ex_doc, and even the Elixir core itself (added a new feature for paths autocompletion on iex)

I’m going to do a new one today, at 17:30UTC, doing this on hex.

3 Likes

Going live in 15-30 min, join me there to chat a bit and contribute with me :wink: https://twitch.tv/kelvinstin

3 Likes

Thanks everyone that watched the livestream! I do export it to youtube if you missed it and want to watch it later :wink:

I didn’t actually get to the side project, got stuck on the open-source contribution to hex, but was cool either way. See you!

PS.: there were some leftovers, I might actually do other quick lives during the weekend, just to finish it up.

3 Likes

Hey, I’m doing a quick livestream in around 15 min, to try to write tests for the contribution I did on the last one. If you’re free, join me there https://twitch.tv/kelvinstin

2 Likes

Here’s how that went:

hex #883 - mix deps.get sponsor tip

Didn’t get to actually fix the test that was failing, but actually discovered reason for the failing test was an error on my contribution, you can check the comment I sent on the PR after the livestream for more info

2 Likes

Hey everyone! My next livestream is going to be today, May 18th, at 18UTC. I’m going to be implementing what @ericmj suggested on the PR I’ve being working on the past 2 livestreams. See you there!

2 Likes

Going live in a couple minutes, join me there!

2 Likes

For those that missed it, here is the permanent recording on youtube:

2 Likes

Heeeey! Me again, next livestream is going to be tomorrow, 17:30 UTC. The issue I’m handling is this one: Add the balance to the transactions page · Issue #1 · kelvinst/koins · GitHub. It’s a side project I started some livestreams ago, to toy around a bit with liveview, so if you’re interested on a practical use of liveview on a pretty “standard” application (it’s a personal finance manager), save the time :wink:

BTW, I’m now going to have Friday afternoons saved for that, so that’s guaranteed to be a time I’m going to be live every week (Fridays 17:30 UTC). I will still do bonus livestreams other days of the week though (even weekends sometimes), so keep tuned in.

PS.: follow me on twitch to get notifications when I get live.

2 Likes

Hey! Getting live in around 15 min

2 Likes

For those who missed the livestream, here’s the recording:

2 Likes

Hello! It’s me again! Next livestream is going to be tomorrow, 17:30UTC. Going to tackle 2 issues:

Save the date! And follow me on twitch to get notified when I get live.

3 Likes

Livestream starting in ~15 min - https://twitch.tv/kelvinstin

2 Likes

For those who missed, here’s the recording for the whole livestream:

I also separated both contributions in individual videos, check them here:

• The hex one:
  • The elixir core one:
2 Likes

Hey! I’m going to continue the work on both the issues of the last livestream this afternoon, as there were some failing tests and suggestions from the core team. Today, around 17UTC, should be a shorter one though :wink:

2 Likes

Hey, for those who missed, here’s the recording for the whole livestream:

Here is the hex contribution part:

And here is the elixir contribution part:

2 Likes

Hello everyone! Today at around 17:30UTC I’m doing another live. This time getting back to the koins project, adding more fields to the transaction table and explaining a bit more my plans for the future of that project. I’m doing the project using Phoenix LiveView, so if you are interested, hop on!

3 Likes