Hi,

I’m looking suggestions for learning Game development with C++

preferably, SDL2.

All suggestions are welcomed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

I don’t know of any C++ game dev books myself, but if game dev in Swift or Rust interests you there’s @Paradox927’s #book-apple-game-frameworks-and-technologies and @herbert’s #book-hands-on-rust …and they’re both very active in their book forums here on Devtalk :nerd_face:

1 Like

hey :slightly_smiling_face: I already have @herbert 's book purchased in Beta stages last year. Recently started learning C++ for some different reasons.

My main objective to learning gamedev is I enjoy it and makes my learning new language alot more fun.

2 Likes

Learn the tools and techniques of game design using a project-based approach with Unreal Engine 4 and C++Key

2 Likes

I recommend this course by Gustavo Pezzi:

Create a 2D Game Engine with C++, SDL & Lua

3 Likes

GameDev.tv has some good courses if you’re interest is in 3D using Unreal Engine and C++

2 Likes

C++20 for lazy programmers - is a book that introduces C++20 through game development (using SDL2 for graphics).

4 Likes

thanks folks. hope we keep sharing more such books here, I love all your replies

4 Likes

Hello, this is Gulshan Negi
Well, in my opinion, dedication, practice, and a love of making games are necessary for game development. You can use C++ to bring your game concepts to life and advance in your game development journey with perseverance and a mindset of continuous learning.
Thanks

1 Like