The Rails Foundation kicks off with one million dollars

2 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

Its mission is to improve the documentation, education, marketing, and events in our ecosystem to the benefit of all new and existing Rails developers.

Improving the docs would be great, especially when we compare them to what we know in Elixir.

Same goes for education, especially education. I’m tired of hearing the Ruby and RoR are dead. But I can understand that the techno is not really appealing for a junior. Rails is magic, too much IMHO. Ruby is very versatile. In France the job pool is not that appealing compared to the JS one. That’s a shame.

Nevertheless, it’s a very good news, I’m eager to see what’s coming next.

2 Likes

It’s not nearly easy enough for a developer interested in learning Rails to find their way through decades of often outdated books, blog posts, and screencasts, connect with others learning at the same time, make the case to coworkers or bosses why Rails is the right choice, or meet up with fellow practitioners at events solely dedicated to Rails.

All they need to do is replicate/update all the material I covered in my Best Way To Learn Ruby & Rails post :003:

2 Likes

That is pretty amazing.
I hope rails can really review the existing features and enhance them.

And there is actually quite a bit of gap of latest Rails feature. Like Hotwire or API-only mode, they can be really amazing technology by going further, but it lacks of a lot of education.

2 Likes

This is good to hear. I don’t think or believe that RoR is dead or dying, but this will help the framework to improve and more developers to be excited to learn or continue using it.

1 Like