Teens have abandoned Facebook, Pew study says

Gen Z internet use is on the rise, but the rate at which teens use Facebook is rapidly declining. A Pew Research Center study on teens, technology and social media found that only 32% of teens aged 13-17 use Facebook at all, but in a previous survey from 2014-2015, that figure was 71%, beating out […]

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

1 Like

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

Probably because of TikTok?

2 Likes

Can you even chat on tiktok?!

1 Like

As in DMs? Yeah you can :smiley:

I wouldn’t use it for that tho - who knows what they’re doing with your data and whether they are encrypted or not. I don’t even give it (nor any other app) access to my full albums, just allow Tiktok to save to photos and other apps like Snapchat selected photos only. I haven’t uploaded anything to Tiktok myself…

1 Like

I doubt anything on tiktok is encrypted in a way that their servers can’t see it. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I wouldn’t trust their PMs :043:

Saw something the other day that said TikTok has basically replaced TV/Netflix etc - esp for younger people.

Part of its success is because there are next to no ads! They’re serious about world domination, it’ll be interesting to see how it all pans out :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I miss the good old days of Orkut, where there wasn’t a timeline, and the content was spread over communities, kind like reddit xD

2 Likes