Apple battery row: Millions of iPhone users could get payouts in legal action

The tech giant is accused of secretly slowing down the performance of older models.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

I wonder how much we’ll get :lol:

1 Like

After the lawyers take their cut… probably about 7 pence.

1 Like

I don’t think you’re wrong there Toby!!

I was owed a few grand by a company who declared themselves bankrupt and years later I got a cheque in the post for just over a hundred pounds - the liquidators got over £100k! :lol:

1 Like

Oh I’ll be surprised if I get 7 pence out the end of this. Apple aren’t going to declare bankruptcy over this but the middle men who stick it to them will absolutely **** everyone they supposedly represent, that is the business model here

1 Like

It wouldn’t surprise me either Toby, I think the legal system in general needs a shake-up. It’s criminal that solicitors can charge you £15 for every letter or email received, even when that is you writing to them to query their mistakes or ask why things are taking so long! :lol:

Apple will just make their next iPhones more expensive. :joy:

1 Like

Hopefully they stop intentionally slowing down people devices just because their consider these obsolete. I have a perfectly good MacBook Air from 2013 that was basically unusable (as in really slow) after the last macOS upgrade. Running Ubuntu on the machine now and it is a fine machine for programming related tasks (obvs. this won’t work anymore for iOS development).

1 Like

This is one of the things I really don’t like about Apple - when I bought this Mac it was amazing, apps opened almost immediately, things like Safari guessing URLs as you typed did so almost instantly, now, there appears to be deliberate delays in everyday tasks like these and I don’t believe it’s because of the age of the computer (it never used to happen - my old Mac Pro was just as snappy even several years after buying it).

I also want to know about it

1 Like