Docker fails to launch on Apple Silicon

Docker fails to launch on Apple Silicon · Issue #4733 · docker/for-mac.
Fails to launch on Apple Silicon (unsurprisingly given it's so new). Can't see a similar issue so raising here to track. I have tried with the latest version of my channel (Stable or Edge) …

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our automated news source trackers.

1 Like

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

@ohm isn’t going to be very happy :zipper_mouth_face:

Apparently there are issues with SSH and… running an external monitor as well! :scream:

1 Like

I think people who think there’s going to be no problems at all switching processor architecture are a bit naive. :sweat_smile:

I haven’t looked into the problems at hand, but hopefully it’s all in software and will probably be fixed within the next couple of weeks/months.

2 Likes

Seems to be quite deep routed, this in particular is worrying:

I really hope they get their act together, bugs I can live with, but spying on us and not allowing us to disable things like this is not on…

1 Like

Apple just released a statement around this: https://www.macrumors.com/2020/11/15/apple-privacy-macos-app-authenticaion/

2 Likes

Cheers Ohm, I posted the link to the full update in a dedicated thread too: Safely open apps on your Mac - a statement from Apple.

Also posted some notes of what I think of Big Sur so far here - if you haven’t upgraded your MBP… you’re in for a treat when your M1 arrives! Big Sur is a nice upgrade! :+1:

1 Like