Mozilla stops accepting cryptocurrency, Wikipedia may be next: Are dominos falling?

Mozilla announced a donation pause after co-founder Jamie Zawinski tweeted his opposition. Will more organizations follow suit and take the environmental impact of cryptocurrencies into account?

Read in full here:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/mozilla-stops-accepting-cryptocurrency-wikipedia-may-be-next-are-dominos-falling/#ftag=RSS56d97e7

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

1 Like

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

I might have a different opinion/belief than most, but I am still not into cryptocurrency due to its environmental impact. I am scared for future generations. :frowning:

3 Likes

Not sure whether it’s much of an offset… but I’ve heard a few people are doing this:

1 Like

Heating in New Zealand. This is a joke? It would be logical to talk about heating in Norway or in Finland

2 Likes

I think the climate in New Zealand is similar to the UK? If so additional heating is more than welcome in the colder months (of which there are many) :lol:

1 Like