Keyboard lets people type so fast it’s banned from typing competitions

This Keyboard Lets People Type So Fast It’s Banned From Typing Competitions.
A new peripheral lets you keep typing without ever lifting a finger. When it comes to gaming and typing competitions, is it cheating?

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

2 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

2 Likes

Type bugs and not well-defined specs at the speed of thought. I’ll keep my Moonlander but thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m getting tired of these articles from this thing… It’s not a keyboard, it’s a chord typer, like if you want to type “hello” you instead essentially type “helo” (in a potentially still unambiguous order) and it autocompletes, there’s plenty of such chord typers (and indeed programs you can use to have that functionality with a normal keyboard if you so wish, that’s basically what phone keyboards are for example).

2 Likes

It would be interesting to see what it’s like tho - if it could intelligently work with say an IDE, it may well be super fast for code?

Something I like on my iPad with the pencil is you can use it to swipe to text - like you can on most mobiles but it is much faster with the pencil. There are some annoyances that need to be fixed tho, like I should just be able to tap at the end of a sentence for the cursor to move there (but it does stupid things like highlight the last word!)

1 Like

Definitely, I don’t know how you can code on this one.

2 Likes

I think the creator is a developer as well - though I might have dreamt that! :lol:

Here’s the original thread:

1 Like

Ahhh I thought it looked familiar, so yeah it’s not as useful for my uses at all, lol.

1 Like