What's new in Svelte: November 2021

A new Svelte blog post/announcement has been posted!

Get the full details here: https://svelte.dev/blog/whats-new-in-svelte-november-2021

4 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

2 Likes

There are some pretty cool apps in the showcase this month :023:

1 Like

Started looking at Svelte a few weeks back and spent some time over the weekend porting my Jekyll-based blog to Sveltekit.

Really liking what I’m seeing so far, especially the Svelte-part as a React-alternative.

2 Likes

Nice one Hallski - what did you like about it? Perhaps you can blog about it at some point :003:

3 Likes

Yes, that is my intention (though I have had that intention to often without getting to it so don’t hold your breath :sweat_smile:).

Was thinking this morning that I should formulate an answer to that question before posting but then work started so posted anyway. There are several aspects I quite like.

With the reactive stores it brings to mind Cycle.is which I was exploring a few years ago and really liked. Though I felt it was a bit too foreign for a lot of developers (unless you have a team that is very experienced with Rx).

Svelte allows for very natural integration to observables with excellent integration into the view layer. All you need to know at the component level is that any part
depending on a observable value will be updated once the value is.

The second thing is that it feels much closer to vanilla while still being much higher level. You write normal CSS and HTML instead of JSX and css-in-js (while still getting component local styling). Any HTML that can do HTML with inlined script-tags will let you work well in Svelte.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the interesting news! :dizzy:
Now I am implementing the web interface. I decided that Svelte would be the best solution for my next project. Now I dive into the documentation and study the tutorials. :ant:

2 Likes

Before reading the blog post, I didn’t even imagine that the Svelte-community is so active and that so many interesting things are created. :star_struck: :airplane:

2 Likes

The Pudding site was really cool as well as the article about Lenna. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Yes. I like it too.
I noticed that the Svelte-developers are not indifferent to the creativity of Rickrolling. :blush:
Rick-rolling

3 Likes

That IS hilarious! LOL :rofl:

3 Likes