Announcing Axum - an easy to use, powerful, web framework for Tokio (Tokio is an asynchronous runtime for the Rust programming language)

Today we are happy to announce axum: An easy to use, yet powerful, web framework designed to take full advantage of the Tokio ecosystem.

Tokio

Build reliable network applications without compromising speed.

Tokio is an asynchronous runtime for the Rust programming language. It provides the building blocks needed for writing network applications. It gives the flexibility to target a wide range of systems, from large servers with dozens of cores to small embedded devices.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

2 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

Tokio looks interesting:

https://tokio.rs

2 Likes

Tokio is the 'old async rust framework, very well used. But ‘another’ web framework on tokio? There’s already so many, lol…

1 Like

I was thinking the same ODL… it’s almost up there with JS in terms of numbers/turnover :043:

Although it does feelsmore welcomed/cooler :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah, agree, IMO Rust community should converge on Rocket and ActixWeb and just stop there.

The next natural step would be properly invest in an actor (OTP-like) framework of which, too, there are too many nowadays. :003:

2 Likes

For Rust or in general? Which Rust ones are there?

1 Like

I have them bookmarked somewhere but as we all know, browser bookmarks are severely broken and under-developed so I can only think of Bastion.rs right now. :icon_rolleyes:

3 Likes