10 things I learned making the fastest site in the world

This post is about performance techniques, so I hope you won’t mind that the site in question is not quite finished.

Edit: it’s finished!

But you need something to click on so you can decide whether you value my opinion or not, so here you go: know-it-all.io

Hopefully that opened quickly and I have established credibility. If that sounds immodest it’s because I’m awesome.

Let me practice my pitch for the site: “have you ever wondered what you don’t know about the web? What hidden property or method or attribute has managed to evade your attention? Wouldn’t you like to go through a long list and tick off the stuff you know, to be left with a glorious summary of things to go and learn?”

If you’re wondering why I’m writing about this site when it’s not finished… because feedback. Performance is a series of tricks and ways of thinking about things. I certainly hope I don’t know everything there is to know, and I would be most pleased if you had something to offer me. The source is here if you would like to get your feet wet.

Read in full here:

https://medium.com/hackernoon/10-things-i-learned-making-the-fastest-site-in-the-world-18a0e1cdf4a7

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.